One of the most powerful management tools Meyer Vacation Rentals provides to its vacation rental owner partners is marketing.
How does Meyer market your vacation rental to prospective vacationers? It all starts with Meyer’s in-house marketing team, composed of professionals whose combined experience exceeds 100 years in the field.
1. Our Skilled In-House Marketing TeamMeyer Vacation Rentals’ marketing team operates as a full-service advertising agency within the company. The team’s goal? To turn “lookers” into “bookers” and inspire generations of families to return to Meyer-managed properties year after year.
Meyer’s marketing team is headed by a director of sales and marketing, who specializes in analyzing historical and market data to ensure Meyer establishes competitive, demand-based pricing. The director of sales and marketing is responsible for adjusting pricing as needed, sometimes even daily.
The team also includes a web developer who is responsible for designing, maintaining and managing MeyerRE.com, one of the vacation rental industry’s most robust, attractive and user-friendly website.
Adding fresh, new content to the website daily, the content manager is responsible for writing original, informative and engaging content to ensure MeyerRE.com is used as a top area resource for vacationers researching the area. Additionally, the content manager writes property descriptions to accompany professionally taken photographs on property listing pages.
The graphic designer is responsible for creating visual concepts to inspire, inform and captivate prospective vacationers, including online and print advertising, newsletters, e-mail promotions, branding initiatives, promotional displays and more.
Planning, implementing and managing Meyer’s social media strategy, the social media manager’s role is to promote brand awareness, enhance marketing efforts and increase vacation sales. From promoting specific properties to engaging vacationers online with contests, the social media manager communicates with Meyer fans on channels including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and more.
An expert in staging, angles and lighting, Meyer’s in-house, full-time professional photographer shoots upwards of 15,000 property photos per year with a constant focus on generating reservations and increasing rental revenue.
2. 50+ Years Of Brand RecognitionHaving been a powerhouse in the vacation rental management and real estate industries since 1967, Meyer Vacation Rentals has been part of the fabric of the Alabama/Florida Gulf Coast for more than 50 years, and the brand widely associated with excellence and welcoming beach hospitality.
In just the last five years, Meyer has hosted more than 250,000 families on the beaches of Gulf Shores, Fort Morgan, Orange Beach and Perdido Key.
For many families, staying in a Meyer-managed beach condo or house is tradition. “We have been going to Gulf Shores for 13 years with my sister who has been going for over 20 years,” said Clarence B. in March 2019. “Been visiting the area for over 20 years, first as a child and now with a family of my own,” said Tyler Y. of his family’s summer visit.
Although it was her first stay in a Meyer-managed property, Carol provided a five-star review and made plans for a return trip before departing. “This was the first time using Meyer Vacation Rentals. Was very pleased with how easy it was to book, check in and check out. Any questions we had were immediately answered. We have already booked our unit with Meyer for the next two years.”
3. Easy, Eye-Catching WebsiteVacationers frequently tout the ease of use of MeyerRE.com in providing useful area information and assisting them to make their reservations. And it’s working, with a new reservation booked every five minutes on MeyerRE.com.
“This website was created to be fast and easy for desktop and mobile users, and the numbers prove that it’s working,” said Director of Sales and Marketing Steve Wilson.
The newly designed MeyerRE.com in the last 12 months has received more than 3 million page views. And the number of mobile visitors has increased from 55 percent to 60 percent of total visits in the last year. “This means more and more people are growing more comfortable breaking away from their desktop and searching for a property and ultimately purchasing their vacation accommodations on their phone,” he said, adding that just five years ago mobile phone visitors represented only 37 percent of traffic on the site and only 15 percent of online revenue.
On guest surveys, vacationers report 99 percent satisfaction with the website, with many leaving comments.
Darlene C. said, “Meyer has the best and easiest website to use! I have tried different rental sites, and they are not easy to use.”
“We had such a great experience with Meyer,” said Rachel H., who gave Meyer a five-star Google Review. “The website is user friendly and provides the full price of the stay up front so you aren’t wasting time clicking on something that looks affordable and then get to the ‘real’ price later.”
In fact, Louise S., whose family stayed with Meyer this summer commented, “The Meyer website is my favorite. I like the filters that let you narrow down your choices/amenities, etc. It’s so easy to navigate!”
Elton D. said, “The current website is superior to the old one (even though it was good).”
Roy C. said the website “is very helpful and informative.” Bettye E. said, “The website was very easy to use and eye catching!”
In addition to the website’s ease of use, MeyerRE.com is also a well-known resource for information about the area.
Property listings comprise one of the most critical parts of the website. The property listings contain all the important information vacationers would expect, including view, number of people a property can sleep, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, amenities details, neighborhood details if applicable, and professionally taken photography.
Meyer’s in-house photographer is an expert in staging, angles and lighting, giving property owners the comfort of knowing their vacation rental will be accurately and professionally presented for vacationers to peruse and book.
Within the “Area” menu in the top blue navigation bar are numerous options for exploring unique attributes of the area, including beaches, things to do, events, concerts and live music, dining and nightlife, shopping, and more.
These sections are filled with web pages and blogs that provide detailed info on the area and are designed to reach the top of Google rankings.
New content is generated constantly to provide fresh, accurate information about the beaches and activities as well as to educate and engage vacationers throughout all phases of the sales cycle.
Each blog contains links to related content or property searches, as well as general search links to beach houses and condos. The goal is to provide information vacationers need to book their reservations now or even up to 24 months in advance.
4. Millions Of Emails Delivered AnnuallyOne of the perks of having been operating in the Gulf Coast vacation rental management industry for more than 50 years is the development of a growing database of past vacationers that contains nearly 200,000 email addresses.
Meyer sends professionally designed and graphically pleasing emails each week of the year to a database of highly engaged vacationers who have either stayed in a Meyer-managed property in the past or have expressed interest in Meyer.
Whether the email is announcing a particular sale, inviting vacationers to stay in touch on social media, offering information on the types of properties available during a certain timeframe, showing a video of the beach, or simply reminding prospective vacationers to finish booking their vacation, Meyer delivers more than 14 million emails per year to promote our owner partners’ vacation rental properties.
5. Local Vacation Planners Who Are On The Job 24/7Meyer’s call center is staffed 24/7 with people who know these beaches like the backs of their hands. They live here, are proud to work at Meyer (some have been here 20+ years), and love helping vacationers choose the best rental for their family.
They are familiar with the properties, can share details about décor and layout, know the distance to landmarks and attractions, and so much more.
Additionally, our vacation planners are part of the team that operates the front desk each hour of each day of the year. When your guest needs to check in late in the evening, it’s never a problem. They can come into the lobby and be cheerfully greeted by a team member. When they have a question about a good restaurant, where to shop for a fishing rod and reel, or even the nearest 24-hour doctor office, our vacation planners pride themselves on having the answers your guests need.
In the last 12 months, our vacation planners have answered more than 130,000 phone calls and are responsible for 40 percent of total bookings. They also provide information in online chats and personal emails.
6. Social Media & SponsorshipsMeyer Vacation Rentals makes use of social media platforms to promote the brand as well as specific properties.
In fact, Meyer has more than 200,000 Facebook followers, and an ever-growing group of fans on the Instagram and Pinterest pages.
Social media is also a spot where vacationers can engage with Meyer as we promote fun things to do. For example, a 2019 video series hosted by Meyer President Michelle Hodges saw Michelle experiencing many of the unique things to do in the area, such as taking a motorcycle to explore the wild beauty of the Fort Morgan area, meeting up with sea turtle advocates who protect nests, and more. This series of videos garnered more than 100,000 views!
Working with a variety of local and regional businesses, events and social influencers is another layer of our social media strategy, allowing cross-promotion of the Meyer brand and properties on their social media channels
· Back Bay Sailing Adventures
· Gulf Shores Beach Rentals
· Sandcastle University
· The Park at OWA & Downtown OWA
· Hangout Restaurant Group
· Frost Bites at the Beach Club
· Coyote Beach Sports
· The Yard Milkshake Bar
· Life According to Jake Boone
· Back Forty Beer Co.
· Cosmo’s Restaurant Group
· Shrimp Basket Restaurants
· Down Under Dive Shop
· Hummingbird Zip Lines
· Caribe Marina
· Skydive the Gulf
· Yabba’s Wacky Snack Shack
· Wacked Out Wiener
· Gulf To Go
· Beach Flight Aviation
· Billy’s Seafood
· Southern Grind
· Foam Coffee Shop
· Gypsy Queen Java Co.
· Drowsy Poet Coffee…& More
Meyer also hosts travel writers from key markets throughout the United States for familiarization tours of the area, garnering far-reaching media coverage as a result.
In addition to social media cross-promotional partnerships, Meyer also works with tourism entities and major events to increase visibility of the brand to a wide audience:
· Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism
· Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Sports Commission
· Annual National Shrimp Festival
· Hangout Music Festival
· Hangout Oyster Cook-Off & Craft Spirits & Beer Weekend
· Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival
· Flora-Bama Bulls On The Beach
· Barbecue & Blues Cook-Off
· World Food Championships
· Frank Brown International Songwriters Festival
· Flora-Bama Interstate Mullet Toss
7. Online & Print AdvertisingMeyer Vacation Rentals commits to a large annual marketing budget, allowing the marketing department to advertise in a variety of media.
Meyer’s advertising strategy includes print and online outlets whose demographics align with your best vacationing prospects.
Print advertising campaigns center around the publication of ads and listings in the Alabama Vacation Guide, Gulf Coast Vacation Guide and Perdido Key Vacation Guide. More than 500,000 of these guides appear in print and are also accessible online, garnering hundreds of thousands of page views.
Radio listeners situated in key markets along U.S. Interstate and 65 corridors are encouraged to book vacations with Meyer. Along with promoting the area’s beautiful white-sand beaches, sunny skies and exciting attractions, the radio spots promote Meyer’s variety and affordability of accommodations.
A significant amount of time and resources are devoted to ensuring your best prospects find Meyer Vacation Rentals when searching online for beach vacation rentals or information about this particular area.
Thanks to a targeted program of online advertising, keyword promotion and SEO optimization, Meyer’s display ads are shown on websites and phone apps more than 300 million times. In addition, Meyer ads linking to MeyerRE.com were shown during web searches more than 5 million times in the last year.
8. 100+ Travel Agent PartnersWith outstanding, authentic experiences topping vacationers’ list of objectives when they travel, more people than ever—and of all generations—are turning to the services of experienced travel agents or advisors.
These advisors are experts on the regions vacationers want to visit and make recommendations of where to stay, eat and sightsee.
Meyer has developed a program geared specifically toward travel advisors that incentivizes them to book their clients’ accommodations on the Gulf Coast with Meyer Vacation Rentals.
More than 100 travel advisors partner with Meyer to book their clients into the Meyer properties.
Meyer employs a dedicated, full-time vacation planner assigned to growing the list of Meyer travel advisors partners and work directly with them to ensure their clients are 100 percent satisfied with their vacation experiences.
When you want to know, "How does Meyer Vacation Rentals advertise my vacation rental property," here are eight key ways:
1. 50+ years of brand recognition for Meyer Vacation Rentals
2. A highly trained, skilled and diverse marketing team
3. An easy-to-use, eye-catching website filled with engaging content, beautiful property photos and informative property listings
4. 14 million emails promoting the Meyer brand, Meyer-managed properties and the Gulf Coast as a premium vacation destination delivered annually
5. A team of local vacation planners on duty 24/7 to book reservations and answer questions
6. A robust social media and event sponsorship campaign across a variety of channels
7. Targeted, far-reaching online and print ad campaigns
8. Relationships with 100+ travel agents whose clients want to vacation in a beach destination
Learn more about how Meyer can help you maximize your vacation rental income and minimize expenses by reaching out to a member of Meyer's Business Development team at 888-733-5482 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or by visiting our Property Management page.