Industry Leader in Real Estate, Vacation Rentals & Property Management
Breaking New Ground
For several years prior to its incorporation, the founders of Meyer Real Estate exclusively developed and sold properties owned by George C. Meyer. In 1967 Meyer Real Estate was incorporated and soon became a leader in the dramatic transition of the Gulf Coast from a tiny village of beach cottages to a major resort destination.
Respected Leader in Many Fields
Through its history, Meyer has been a respected, leading real estate company in southern Alabama and northwest Florida. During these decades, Meyer Real Estate--through real estate sales, vacation rentals and property management--has cultivated numerous relationships and earned the trust of both the area residents and vacationers.
What is Meyer Now?SH Enterprises, Inc.
is now the umbrella company for a family of companies that includes CENTURY 21 Meyer Real Estate (real estate sales and long-term rentals), Meyer Vacation Rentals (vacation rentals, property management, housekeeping and maintenance services), Starr Textile Services
and Starr Textile Services of Louisiana
(commercial laundry). Sheila Hodges is owner and chairman of the board of SH Enterprises, Inc., Michelle Hodges is the president and Les Williams is CEO.
What You Can Expect
Stellar service is what you can expect and what we deliver to you. In fact, STAR Treatment is the SH Enterprises companies' exclusive guarantee that you will always receive Service, Trust, Accessibility and Results from everyone in all of the organizations.
Facilities and Areas Served
- Corporate office: The facilities include a 36,000-square-foot corporate headquarters in Gulf Shores. This state-of-the-art headquarters provides evidence of the commitment to remain sensitive to the natural surroundings and protect the mature oaks already established on the property. Real estate sales, vacation rentals, property management, long-term rentals and community association management--all serving the areas of Fort Morgan, Gulf Shores, Orange Beach (Alabama) and Perdido Key (Florida)--are housed in this facility. Also, all corporate functions including marketing, human resources, accounting, information technology support services, application programming, and a business center are provided at this location.
- Branch office: Meyer Vacation Rentals also has a branch office in Perdido Key (Florida) that provides services in real estate sales, vacation rentals and property management. This office is strategically positioned to accommodate area development as well as for your convenience.
- Meyer service facility: A large Meyer Services building is located north of the island in the Foley (Alabama) Industrial Park housing the company functions of housekeeping and maintenance.
- Starr Textile Services plants: Starr Textile Services houses its state-of-the-art equipment and environmentally friendly operations at a 30,000-square-foot facility also in the Foley (Alabama) Industrial Park. Starr Textile Services of Louisiana operates from a 58,000-square-foot facility in Elmwood, La., near New Orleans. Together, these two commercial laundry facilities service clients in the four states of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.
Growing Through Innovation
As these innovative SH Enterprises, Inc. companies have grown they have broadened the range of sales, vacation rentals and property management services which now include:
Purpose, Vision, Mission Statement, and Core Values
- To be an optimum business template for the hospitality and real estate industry.
- Optimize relationships, service and profitability.
- To be the pacesetter in hospitality and real estate services by exceeding customer expectations.
- Aggressively pursue business through innovation to provide exceptional customer service.
- Build lifetime relationships with our customers and communities.
We believe in:
- Serving with integrity
- Conducting ourselves and our business in an honest, ethical, and trustworthy manner
- Treating everyone with care, respect, and fairness
- Providing financial stewardship
- Growing through innovation and creativity
A Tradition of Excellence
Commitment to Customer and Community Service
The SH Enterprises, Inc. companies have always been committed to providing superior customer service and an unwavering dedication to the satisfaction of customers. Proactively seeking to improve quality, value and service are hallmarks of these companies. Our commitment to personalized service, continuing innovation and overall expertise has brought annual recognition through numerous awards. The management team has enhanced the community and profession by serving in many local and regional capacities. Team members from throughout all of the organizations participate as volunteers for worthy causes that include the American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, Easter Seals, United Way, Partners in Education and Habitat for Humanity. We also can be found volunteering to support events such as Coastal Cleanup, Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival, National Shrimp Festival, BBQ and Blues, The Hangout Oyster Cook-off, and Alabama Festival of Flavor.
Awards, Honors and Accolades
Over the years many honors have been awarded to individuals and the company, such as Alabama Gulf Coast Chamber Business of the Year, Business Woman of the Year and Walton M. Vines Free Enterprise Person of the Year.
One of the shining stars in the history of Meyer Vacation Rentals was receiving the Alabama Quality Award in the Small Business Sector. Criteria for the award, which is sponsored by the Alabama Productivity Center, is modeled after the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award. Applicants were evaluated on their company's efforts in several professional areas, including Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer and Market Focus and Human Resource Development and Management. Because of the innovations in the areas of service, management and productivity, Meyer was a finalist for two years and was proud to have been awarded this prestigious statewide honor.
In 2012, SH Enterprises, Inc. received certification as a Woman-owned Business Enterprise (WBE) pursuant to the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) National Certification Program. Meyer Vacation Rentals ranked #3 in the state for the Best Companies to Work for in Alabama.
In 2017, SH Enterprises Inc. was named among the top 10 Best Companies to Work for in Alabama in the small- to mid-sized company category.
Winners were selected based on criteria including a two-part survey process.
The survey and awards program was designed to identify, recognize and honor the best employers in Alabama benefitting the state’s economy, workforce and businesses. The list is made up of 20 companies.
“Our customers’ impression of the SH Enterprises family of companies and their interest and willingness to purchase services from us is greatly formed by the people who serve them,” said SH Enterprises President Michelle Hodges. “The success of SH Enterprises depends upon the quality of the relationships between our company, our team members, our customers, our vendors and the general public.
“Because of our dedicated team members, integrated corporate structure and one-of-a-kind technology, we can ensure our customers the greatest efficiencies and peace of mind. Our team of passionate, committed, talented professionals not only make stellar service a reality for our customers but also cultivates a work environment that supports our continuous efforts of optimizing relationships, service and profitability,” Michelle added.
Read full press release HERE.
Where We've Been and Where We're Going
The Alabama and Florida Gulf Coast has come a long way since the days when the only access to Gulf Shores was a drawbridge. One thing, however, has not changed: Eager vacationers traveling to our shores continue to fall in love with our sugar-white beaches, emerald-green Gulf of Mexico waters and the leisurely lifestyle the area offers. Many return to purchase vacation or permanent homes. The SH Enterprises companies have long been industry leaders in meeting the growing needs for creative housing, accommodations and property management services, and will continue to serve your needs for years to come.