APPLY NOW/UPLOAD RESUME
Housekeepers will perform routine housekeeping duties in Meyer-managed vacation rental properties in preparation for arrivals of guests and/or owners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the following routine housekeeping duties in assigned units and houses by check in time to meet Meyer Standards:
- Dust all furniture and fixtures.
- Sweep and mop any none carpeted floors.
- Vacuum carpets and rugs in all rooms as needed.
- Wash/clean windows, windowsills, all mirrored surfaces, glass tabletops, etc., using approved cleaning products.
- Clean bathrooms and replenish soap, towels and paper products.
- Clean kitchen areas and appliances including ovens and racks using approved cleaning products.
- Check dishwasher for dirty dishes or utensils left by guests. Start cleaning cycle if necessary. All dishes must be cleaned and placed in appropriate areas prior to leaving unit.
- Make all beds with clean linens and replace comforters, spreads and pillows.
- Empty and clean all trashcans and replace trash liners. Remove all trash from unit.
- Remove all dirty linens from unit and place in laundry bags. Linens must be returned to warehouse at end of the day.
- Maintain sufficient stock of supplies for proper performance of these duties listed above.
- Report all guest damages, safety hazards and maintenance issues to the Maintenance Department immediately.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to take initiative and respond in prompt manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks including mopping, vacuuming, making beds and carrying laundry bags.
- Ability to utilize multiple computer systems, i.e., Outlook, MIS, Property Plus
- Ability to understand and follow instructions generally acquired through a high school education.
- Possess reading and numerical comprehension skills sufficient to utilize interactive touch-screen computer system.
- Required to attend and successfully complete an orientation and training program.
- Experience in vacation rental industry helpful but not required. Some general housekeeping experience and familiarity with use of household appliances and cleaning equipment needed.
- Medium work that requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Employee is subject to coastal climate conditions, such as extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Employee may be exposed to other conditions such as wind and high humidity.
- Employee is subject to vibrations and exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body.
- Employee is subject to hazards that may include physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current and high places, working in small crawl spaces, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Employee is subject to atmospheric conditions: one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: odors, dusts, mists or poor ventilation.
- Employee must be able to extend hands, arms in any direction, move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Employee must be able to raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Must be able to consistently bend, stoop, reach, climb and descend multiple stairs and/or stairwells.
- Valid driving license with good driving record and reliable transportation. Valid auto insurance required.
- Subject to pre-employment and/or random drug screening.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- During peak season, required to work weekends and holidays.