Vacationers often ask our vacation planning team when researching beach condos or houses to rent on the Alabama Gulf Coast whether they should pay the little bit extra that adding trip insurance costs.
It’s smart to add the travel insurance since Meyer Vacation Rentals’ cancellation policy does not provide refunds for unforeseen developments such as illnesses, mandatory evacuations and similar events that could affect your trip.
Here are 3 important ways adding trip insurance is a smart decision.
Travel insurance can protect you for unexpected circumstances that interrupt your vacation plans or cause you to completely cancel them.
1. Travel Insurance Covers Your Vacation In The Event Of…
A death: Say there is a death in the family a week before your scheduled arrival date. Or even the death of one of the members of your traveling party. Travel insurance will allow you to recover some of the money you’ve already paid on your accommodations.
Illness: Maybe you or your child comes down with the stomach flu the week of vacation. You certainly would not want to overtax your child by continuing on with your vacation plans. Nor would you want to expose others to her illness during travel or after you would arrive at your destination. Travel insurance means you can cancel your trip without fear of losing all of the money you have paid. And, you can keep your child home until she is well!
Mandatory evacuation: A third time when travel insurance comes in especially handy is in the event of storm evacuations. The Atlantic hurricane season begins June 1 and ends Nov. 30 and is a period when tropical cyclones are possible.
Although it is generally unlikely a storm event would cause a mandatory evacuation, if it does, vacationers do not want to face having to cancel and lose the money paid to date. Travel insurance can help vacationers recover their losses.
Covered emergencies include illness or death in the family, and even hurricane evacuations. Thus, we strongly recommend you choose travel insurance protection.
2. Meyer Makes Adding Insurance Easy & AffordableMeyer Vacation Rentals has partnered with Red Sky Travel Insurance to provide "Sun Trip Preserver®" coverage for our guests. The "Sun Trip Preserver®" option provides cancellation and interruption services, as well as emergency assistance and travel services, covering financial losses.
The travel insurance cost for the "Sun Trip Preserver" option is 6.95% of your total reservation stay.
Travel insurance is optional yet highly recommended. If you decline the travel insurance, you acknowledge that changes or cancellations may result in loss of up to the total paid to date.
If you choose to opt out of the coverage at booking, you may call us to add Sun Trip Preserver coverage at any time prior to either the final payment due date or prior to making your final payment, whichever comes first.
To learn more about "Sun Trip Preserver" travel insurance or to file a claim, please visit http://trippreserver.com/sun-trip.html
Sun Trip Preserver offers broadest limits:
- Up to $100,000 reimbursement for rental costs
- $200 per day ($750 maximum) for expenses related to trip delay such as accommodations
- Up to $25,000 medical expense coverage
- $1000 baggage delay coverage
- A mandatory evacuation for a hurricane or other natural disaster
- Uninhabitability of the destination vacation home caused by a natural disaster
- Uninhabitability of your primary residence or your traveling companion's primary residence caused by natural disaster
- Sickness, injury or death of you, a family member or traveling companion
- Worldwide emergency assistance service
- Emergency roadside assistance service
3. It's Easy To Obtain CoverageIt's easy! At the time you make your reservation online, select the checkbox for the desired travel insurance coverage and travel insurance will be included in the total cost. If you are making your reservation by phone, please ask your vacation planner to add the desired travel insurance coverage to your reservation. You may choose to opt out of this coverage online or by phone at the time of your reservation.
If you choose to opt out of the coverage at booking, you may call us to add it at any time prior to either the final payment due date or prior to making your final payment, whichever comes first.
Be advised that Meyer Vacation Rentals' cancellation policy does not provide refunds for unforeseen developments such as illnesses, mandatory hurricane evacuations and similar events that can affect your trip. We strongly suggest purchasing travel insurance.
How To File A ClaimSimply click the "file a claim" button at the top of the Preserver web page http://trippreserver.com/file-claim.html and follow the easy steps.
More FAQs On Travel Insurancehttp://trippreserver.com/sun-trip-faq.html
Bring the whole family down for a beach trip. No matter the time of year, a big, beautiful beach house fills the bill when you have a large group getting together!