Gulf Shores National Shrimp Festival
A feast for your eyes, ears, and certainly your palate at the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, October 9-12, 2014, where art, crafts, music and family fun is abundant for four days and shrimp served in numerous ways. You can even feast on a FREE night at select properties during the festival.
Shrimp Festival Deals
3rd night FREE in condos
4th night FREE in houses
NOTE: Offer includes Fort Morgan,
Orange Beach and Perdido Key properties only;
Gulf Shores properties excluded.
Promo code 14SF.
Call 866.269.6946 or reserve online.
Search Available Properties »
Offer valid for vacation stays 10/3/14 - 10/18/14 in condos (3-night minimum) and houses (4-night minimum) in the Fort Morgan, Orange Beach and Perdido Key areas only. All properties in the Gulf Shores area are excluded from this offer. Subject to availability; some restrictions apply. Taxes and surcharges apply. Not valid with any other specials or online incentives; cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. Special rates do not apply to previously booked reservations.
The 2014 National Shrimp Festival marks the 43rd year celebrating our favorite crustacean. It features music, fine arts, arts and crafts, and a children's village. The Shrimp Festival is located directly in front of The Hangout at the end of Hwy. 59 in Gulf Shores.
Shrimp and other seafood delicacies along with the usual festival fare will delight your palate, and shopping for your favorite unique item and annual Shrimp Festival souvenir is truly a treat. Two stages provide musical entertainment during the day and well into the evening with a wide variety of acts from country and Motown to Cajun and rock-n-roll.
The island restaurants look forward to this event all year and get an early taste in September when a contest is held in which local restaurants compete for the bragging rites of preparing the best shrimp dish.
To compete the dishes have to feature Alabama Wild Shrimp and at least one of the 200+ products produced by Zatarain. Beyond that the imaginations of the chefs are unleashed and their creativity definitely shows through in the contest entries.
In October 2013, at the Sixth Annual Zatarain's National Shrimp Festival Restaurant Challenge, Chef Brody Olive from at Coast Restaurant at The Beach Club took home the first-place honors with the winning dish of Pan Seared Alabama Gulf Shrimp, Zatarain's Jambalaya Arancini, Broccolini, and Tasso Creole Corn Cream.
Winning second place at the Chef's Challenge was Chef Ira Gallon at The Hangout Restaurant with his New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp with Toasted Baguette.
Third-place honors went to Chef John Hamme at Cafe Palm Breeze at Perdido Beach Resort with his Zatarain's Big Zest Gulf Shrimp with Pineapple, Lemongrass Coconut Broth over Long Grain Rice.
You will definitely want to sample the best shrimp dish on the island. Be sure to keep all three award-winning restaurants in mind any time you make it to the coast and want delicious, fresh seafood to delight your palate.
Plan now and reserve your favorite property for the upcoming National Shrimp Festival!
Check out the 2014 musical lineup:
EAST STAGE THURSDAY 10/9/14
- 10:00-11:30 Lisa Christian
- 11:45-1:15 Vic Saul
- 1:30-3:30 Rhythm Intervention
- 4:00-5:30 Stephen, Les, and TK Lively
- 6-7:30 Sand Band
- 8:00-10:00 The Tip Tops
WEST STAGE THURSDAY 10/9/14
- 10:00-11:15 David Chastang
- 11:30-1:30 Top Hat and Jackie
- 2:00-4:00 Harrison McInnis Trio
- 4:30-6:00 Midnight Confessions
- 6:30-8:00 Sugarcane Jane
- 8:30-10:00 Dr. Zarr's Amazing Funk Monster
EAST STAGE FRIDAY 10/10/14
- 10:00-11:15 Megan McMillan
- 11:30-1:00 Melissa Joiner
- 1:30-3:00 Betsy Badwater
- 3:30-5:00 Jason Abel Project
- 5:30-7:30 Dr. Zarr's Amazing Funk Monster
- 8:00-10:00 Fly By Radio
WEST STAGE FRIDAY 10/10/14
- 10:00-11:30 Ryan Conner
- 12:00-1:30 Eric Erdman
- 2:00-3:30 Wes Bayliss
- 4:00-6:00 Cary Laine/Holli Mosley
- 6:30-8:00 Dustin Lynch
- 8:30-10:00 TO BE ANNOUNCED
EAST STAGE SATURDAY 10/11/14
- 10:00-11:15 Christina Christian
- 11:30-1:15 Brent Burns
- 1:30-3:00 Greg Fells and Friends
- 3:30-5:30 Jason Justice and the Hung Jury
- 6:00-7:30 Willie Sugarcapps
- 8:00-10:00 Chee-Weez
WEST STAGE SATURDAY 10/11/14
- 10-12:00 Shrimp Fest Idol Contest
- 12:15-1:45 Patterson, Danley & Reid
- 2:00-3:30 Ryan Balthrop
- 4:00-5:00 Lee Yankie and the Hellz Yeah
- 5:30-6:30 Derek Norsworthy
- 7:00-8:00 Meghan Linsey
- 8:30-10:00 Keith Anderson
EAST STAGE SUNDAY 10/12/14
- 10-11:30 Lisa Dotolo
- 11:45-1:15 Summerlyn Powers
- 1:45-3:00 The Gunpowder Treason
- 3:30-5:00 Jay Williams Band
WEST STAGE SUNDAY 10/12/14
- 9:00-10:00 Liberty Church Worship Service
- 10:30-12:30 The Kyle and Karl Band
- 1:00-2:30 Mainstream Band
- 3:00-5:00 Tommy Morse Band
NEARBY CONDO RENTALS VIEW LARGER MAP
SHRIMP FESTIVAL MAP VIEW LARGER MAP